Open Enrollment is the period of time when individuals may enroll in health insurance coverage or make changes to their existing coverage. Open Enrollment for the 2022 plan year ran from November 1, 2021 to January 15, 2022, and is now closed. Getting the right information can help you choose the right health insurance for you and your family. We all know health insurance can be complicated. There are differences in what is covered and what you will have to pay out of pocket. Here are some questions to ask yourself before you start to look for insurance:
- Why do I need health insurance?
- Is the plan with the lowest premium really the most affordable?
- Who am I buying health insurance for? Do I need insurance for just me or my family, or both?
- How long will I need to have health insurance? A year or a few months?
- Do I have a known health condition? (Also known as a pre-existing condition.)
- What prescription drugs will I need to have covered by my health insurance?
- Do I have a chronic health condition that will require me to see a specialist or receive treatment?
- Do I already have a doctor I would prefer to go to? Or do I need a new doctor? Is my doctor in the health plan’s network?
- What are deductibles, coinsurance, and co-payments and can I afford it?
If you need enrollment assistance, please visit: HealthCare.Gov. You can also reach out to an enrollment assistor by calling: (877) 211-6284 or (800) 208-5164.
If you need more information about using health insurance and navigating the system, please visit NH Health Cost.
The New Hampshire Insurance Department also has a 2022 Open Enrollment FAQ available on its website.
The New Hampshire Insurance Department can help you with questions or concerns about your coverage. To speak to a member of the Consumer Services Department, call (800) 852-3416, (603) 271- 2261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.