Act quickly because you will have a limited time frame to make your changes.
- 60 days to apply for an individual plan
- Typically, 30 days to apply if you’re covered by an employer-based plan
You may need to provide documentation proving eligibility to enroll based on the life event. When you apply for new insurance, the plan will let you know what they need as documentation. Ultimately, you are responsible for tracking down any needed documents, such as a marriage license or birth certificate.
What is not a qualifying life event
Loss of coverage due to:
- Failure to pay your premiums
- Voluntarily dropped coverage
- Failure to provide requested information
For other qualifying life event information, learn more or Marketplace plan information